No, services at the Tampa Family Health Centers (TFHC) are not free. Patients pay for services according to their income and household size by applying for our sliding fee schedule.
Your ability to pay should not stop you from receiving the health care you need. You might be eligible to set up a payment plan or we can arrange for you to pay for services on a sliding fee scale.
You can see a patient resource specialist at one of our Centers and they can assist you with the application process.
Yes. We encourage everyone to apply for the sliding fee schedule.
Yes. We accept a large number of health insurance plans including Medicaid and Medicare. Be sure to bring your insurance card with you for any visits at TFHC.
Yes. Insured patients may also be eligible for discounts for uncovered insurance services and the sliding fee schedule based on income and family size.
Cash, check, and major credit cards.
We encourage you to make an appointment. However, we will accept walk-in patients as our schedule permits.
Tampa Family Health Centers has four (4) health centers that are open until 5:00 – 8:00PM for your convenience:
• Osborne (4620 North 22nd St. Tampa, FL 33610, Mon. – Fri. 8:00A – 5:00P)
• North Tampa (1502 East Fowler Ave. Tampa, FL 33612, Mon. – Fri. 8:00A – 8:00P, Sat: 8:00A – 5:00P)
• West Waters (8213 West Waters Ave. Tampa, FL 33615, Mon. – Thu. 8:00A – 8:00P, Fri. 8:00A – 5:00P)
• Sheldon Road (5611 Sheldon Road Tampa, FL 33615, Mon. – Fri. 8:00A – 5:00P, Sat. 8:00A – 5:00P)
- Call Center (813-397-5300, Mon. – Fri. 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Call the center’s locations to be routed to an On-Call Provider.
- Patient Portal-If already registered, please select link (https://15462-1.portal.athenahealth.com)
Yes, you can request a specific doctor. If your provider is not available, we have a team of providers that work together and collaborate on your care.
All of your medical information is stored electronically. You do not need to obtain physical copies of your medical history to visit a new TFHC Center.
No, physicals, paps, and vaccinations are not available as a walk-in service. Walk-in appointments are available for acute illnesses only.
Any patient or non-patient can obtain a confidential free HIV test as a walk-in.
(Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM – 4:30PM)
- School physical is $25.
- The cost of an adult physical will be dependent on your income and age. Please bring proof of income to the Center closest to you and our staff will be able to assist you in determining the actual cost of your visit.
Although, we try our best to see “emergency” patients on the same day, sometimes it is not possible. Our goal is to address our patient’s needs at their initial visit, so it is best to schedule an appointment when possible.